Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Long Beach smart home
At the core of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface places you in total charge of your Long Beach home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of what it can do and explore recommendations to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Long Beach do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to components through radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You can arm or disarm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. If adding a video doorbell, you can even speak to whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes built-in cellular connectivity and a backup battery for enhanced reliability. It also gives you convenient remote operation with the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- View live or saved video streams from any linked security cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Long Beach by implementing schedules or initiating rules. For example, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a certain time. Or, you can set preferences like having your front door unlock if the smoke detector trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your security system
Before you delve into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just abide by these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will remain in your house and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and everything in the home will activate.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The home screen will display a notification if something is stopping the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window will cue you to act. Note that you are still able to arm the security system by following the instructions above. You will then confirm you would like to ignore the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Long Beach
Even though multiple users can be programmed during the initial installation, you will probably want to add or remove a user in the future. Here are steps to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and input your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote access, select phone or email and enter the information to deliver an invitation.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, just go to the menu, touch users, pick the user you wish to remove, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take command of your home’s automation and security through an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Long Beach home security system. Contact (562) 376-5457 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.